Medical Writer Job Description
Here at Medialis, we are focused on recruiting, training and retaining the best quality team members. As a small, boutique Medical Affairs company, we focus on delivering a unique, tailored and personal service to our clients in the medical and pharmaceutical sectors. We believe that the best way for us to be able to deliver high-quality work for our clients is with a high-quality team.
To meet our increasing client demands, we are actively recruiting for a Medical Writer with around 12 months experience to join our Medical Communications team. The position is a full-time, permanent, home-based role, providing applicants with greater flexibility and an improved work-life balance. Compensation for this role is competitive and in-line with remuneration provided by other Medical Communications companies.
As a Medical Writer at Medialis, you will be expected to have:
- A degree in a biological or pharmaceutical related subject, preferably at PhD level,
- An extensive understanding of the English language, with exceptional spelling, grammar and attention to detail,
- The ability to clearly and concisely present complex scientific and medical ideas and concepts,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, as well as the technical capability to quickly become proficient with other software tools as necessary,
- Experience with reference management software (EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero etc.) is preferable,
- The ability to conduct literature reviews to establish knowledge bases in a wide variety of subject matters and disease areas,
- Experience with the creation of an assortment of scientific communication deliverables, such as manuscripts, posters, slide decks and advisory boards,
- The ability to set and meet both personal and wider deadlines, as well as the ability to work largely unsupervised,
- A willingness to travel when required, both nationally and internationally.
As well as demonstrating the above, members of the Medialis team are often required to collaborate on projects which may be outside the strict role of a Medical Writer. Therefore, a willingness to step out of your comfort zone and involve yourself in projects in areas such as business development, primary research, market access and statistics is integral.
If you fancy a change of pace, and would like to join a small team where your efforts can significantly shape the future of your company, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with your CV and/or any questions at [email protected].